Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brick, taser, or Mace

So I've discovered the safety of my workplace parking lot is not at all what I thought it was. It is ground zero for muggings galore. Therefore, I think it might be nessa to invest in some sort of protective device.

Option 1: Mace or Pepper spray
The obvious pros here include an effective non-violent way to disarm an attacker. Pepper spray, when used properly, is supposed to render the assailant useless long enough for you to run like hell. The con is pretty big: I would more than likely render myself useless in the process. I would have to first find the pepper spray in this black hole of a purse I carry around, then I would have to remember to AIM first before spraying the chemicals. If, by some miracle, I managed to actually squirt it on my attacker and not myself, any kind of breeze would just blow it right back into my eyes and BOOM incapacitated victim. Pepper Spray: Out.

Option 2: Taser
Pros have to include the possibility of hearing some attacker yell "Don't tase me bro". Cons: you can only use it once, I would be tempted to try it out on my jaundice (TEMPTED), and once again what is to stop me from just tasing myself. There's also the fact that the thing is ugly and large. Taser: Out

Option 3: The Brick
Pros: My bag is already super heavy so I probably wouldn't even notice the added weight of a brick, there is no need to dig around looking for protective device in bag, you just swing and run like hell. Cons: I'm not a fast runner and I don't really know if I want brick dust in my handbags :( Brick: Possibility

I just don't know if I'm the kind of gal who really wants to carry around any kind of protective device. Maybe I'll get an empty can of pepper spray just for show. OR I could buy one of those cute roller ball perfumes and write pepper spray on it! Talk about multi-use. Terror inducing and deliciously captivating scent. Fake Pepperspray: IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment