Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Beauty of Unemployment

As many of you know, I recently quit my job. Obviously, this unemployment is temporary until I start substitute teaching (DoE where is my damn letter??). However, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've basically worked non-stop for as long as I can remember. Between babysitting, camp counseling, nannying, and the Younk I haven't stopped working in the past 10 years. No wonder I didn't know how to relax- I never had time to ponder the beauty of it. Now, I'm an expert.

I've only been without a job for two weeks...one of which was spent being touristy with my favorite cousins. This past week though has been completely free. I've spent my days cleaning, cooking, doing yardwork, and experiencing the wonderment that is Netflix Streaming. I know the allure of being an unemployed housewife will wear off shortly, but for now I'm basking in it. I'm going to make creme brulee and go for long walks and do yoga every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment